Detox Bentonite Clay Bath | Heavy Metal & Mercury

Detox Bentonite Clay Bath | Heavy Metal & Mercury

bentonite-clay-bath-700x700

Detox Bentonite Clay Bath | Heavy Metal & Mercury Chelation

Living healing clays have been used by cultures throughout history for their nutrients, and to help rid the body of toxins. Many animals eat dirt and clay to help remove poisons from their systems, or during times of illness. Recently, healing clays like Bentonite Clay have once again been gaining popularity for internal and external detoxification.

What is Bentonite Clay?

Bentonite, is extremely powerful and effective. It can be used externally as a clay poultice, mud pack or a bath. Not all clays are equal, and you must be careful which clay you use. Bentonite should be a grey/cream color and anything bordering “pure white” is suspect. It has a very fine, velveteen feel, and is odorless and non-staining. Bentonite Clay is composed of aged volcanic ash. The name comes from the largest known deposit of Bentonite Clay located in Fort Benton, Wyoming.

What Does it do?

Bentonite Clay is a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. Bentonite is known for its ability to magnetically absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities and chemicals. It is a swelling clay. When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. The toxins are drawn into the “sponge” through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound.

What To Expect

The feeling is almost indescribable. The first time I used the clay in a bath, I literally saw black, metallic particles coming from the pores of my skin. I saw them coming from my stomach, and could not believe what I was seeing. The magnetic pull is so strong that you will be overcome with an urge to get out of the tub. I felt drained afterward, but then within hours, felt completely revived and clear headed. The clay bath was the most intense detox I have done at once. Since I have old mercury fillings, I packed the clay on my face while in the bath. If you have a lot of heavy metal or mercury toxins in your body, it will take several baths to remove them.

Bentonite Clay Binds Toxins With Negative Charge

Bentonite clay carries a strong negative charge which bonds to the positive charge in many toxins. When it comes in contact with a toxin, chemical or heavy metal, the clay will absorb the toxin and release it’s minerals for the body to use. Bentonite also helps get oxygen to cells as it pulls excess hydrogen and allows the cells to replace it with oxygen instead. Bentonite clay is a common ingredient in detox and cleansing products. It has an alkalizing effect on the body and when taken correctly, it can help balance gut bacteria.

Amazing Benefits of Bentonite Clay

There is strong evidence that bentonite clay can reverse autism, fetal alcohol syndrome, and types of dementia caused by heavy metals.

Other Benefits

  • Digestive disturbances like acid reflux, constipation, bloating, and gas
  • Skin and allergy issues
  • Provide minerals for the body
  • Speed recovery from vomiting and diarrhea
  • Detoxification
  • Oral health
  • Speeds healing of skin problems

In a study from Arizona State University, bentonite clay was found to be highly effective at killing MRSA as well as Salmonella, and E.Col.

How to use Bentonite Clay:

Bentonite (and other clays) are staples in my homemade stash of remedies.

IMPORTANT NOTES: Do not let healing clays like Bentonite come in to contact with anything metal, is this will reduce the effectiveness. I mix with water in a glass jar with a plastic lid by shaking well or using a plastic whisk. If you take it internally, do not take within an hour of food for best results and do not take within 2 hours of medications or supplements as it might reduce their effectiveness. Check with your doctor before using if you have any medical condition.

  • On the Skin: Externally, apply a paste of bentonite clay and water on any skin irritation like blemishes, insect bites, cuts, skin itching  or burns. Leave it on until it dries and wash off. This is said to be especially calming to skin itching from eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, etc.
  • Skin Poultice for Bites/Burns/Cuts/Stings: For more severe issues, create a poultice by putting a thick layer of clay on the skin and applying a wet gauze or cloth over it. Wrap the area and leave the poultice on, changing every 2 hours.
  • Face Mask: For smooth and healthy skin, make a paste of bentonite and water and apply to face as a mask (a similar mask is used in many spas). Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off.
  • Detox Bath: For an intense detox, follow the bath instructions that come with LL’s magnetic clay. This bath provides the most healing benefits.
  • For Baby Powder: Plain Bentonite Clay makes a very soothing baby powder for use when there is infection or redness. It can also be made into a clay “mask” to help speed recovery in this area.
  • For Internal Cleansing: Drink 1 teaspoon most days in glass of water to help improve digestion.
  • For Pets: For pets that are sick, vomiting or showing signs of illness, add Bentonite to water or mix and give orally with a dropper or syringe without the needle. It can quickly help them recover, and possible prevent serious illnesses.
  • For Radiation: Bentonite has been shown to help reduce radiation exposure.
  • Parasites: It is also helps in parasite removal.
  • Autism: Click here

Purchase

Again, not all clays are equal. I’ve thoroughly researched the clays, and have found LL’s magnetic clay to be pure, effective, and very high quality. Other bentonite clays I’ve tried were not effective. LL’s is the best I’ve found, and you will not find a better price. If you decide to purchase, please do so from my site. I think it’s a great way to improve your health. The best price is found below, on Amazon.

Have you ever used Bentonite Clay? What did you use it for? Did it work? Please share below!

  • Jessica Michael Curtis

    I used bentonite clay once in my water. I added a teaspoon and mixed well with a chopstick. It tasted like dirt. I took it at night before bed hoping to achieve an overnight cleanse. The next day I felt awful. I’ve been too afraid to try it again. Was it because I have amalgam fillings? I’ll just stick to using it as a face mask.

    • stylishranchgirl

      I take the Great Plains in water, and it doesn’t have a dirt taste at all, and doesn’t make me sick. I had a STRONG reaction the first time I took a clay bath with LL’s. I packed it on my face because I have amalgam fillings. I forced myself to stay in the bath for 20 min and it was like torture. I can’t even describe what it was like except. I think it was the magnetic pull more than anything. I felt like I’d been run over. If you take a smaller dose that would help. The clays come in all grades, and some are not very pure. Great Plains is worth trying if you think you have heavy metal problems. What was astonishing to me was the LL bath. I need to take one again.

  • Cynthia Robinson

    I went to the Kushi Institute for a week of classes and was told that most likely we would experience some type of detox. What I did not count on happened! A month before I had been spraying for wasps at my mother’s and a gust of wind suddenly created blow back and I was covered with the poison. I showered but my skin still held on to a fair amount of the chemicals… and they all came to the surface with the diet… my face swelled like a blowfish and one of the staff made me a mixture of bentonite clay for a mask. I spent the next 24 hours in my room repeating the mask on my face several times to draw out the chemicals. It was a G_d send!!! It took that 24 hours plus another half a day for the swelling to subside enough where I could re-join my classes.GREAT STUFF!!!

  • Paige Rodriguez

    I want to do this! The only thing is that just recently my bath tub had to get work done on it from a leak…The maintenance man left scrape marks at the bottom of my tub. With that metal exposure would it not be a good idea to add this in a bath?

Pin It on Pinterest